Circle of Blame
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Calendar    Login    Register  
News : Bad gnews: gnomes. November 24, 2014, 03:12:26 PM
Circle of Blame  |  Forum  |  Circle of Blame  |  Raid Discussion  |  Topic: Vent During Raids Advanced search
  « previous next »
Pages 1
Author
Locked Topic Topic: Vent During Raids  (Read 504 times)
Poohmoo
Criminal Mastermind
Blood God of the Gurubashi forum Trolls

Defend the tree!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »

Vent chatter during 25-person raids has become an issue.

During 25-person raids, DO NOT TALK ON VENT UNLESS:

1.  You are THE raid leader.  (Not a raid leader for another run, but THE raid leader for the current run.)

2.  You are an officer.

3.  You have imperative information that needs to be communicated to the raid.  This DOES NOT include, "I'm dead," nor does it include, "something is killing me."  DPS typically will not be speaking on vent.

If you fail to follow these rules, you will be globally muted.  If you log out of vent and back in to circumvent the global mute, you will be removed from the raid and I will implement a temporary ban.

It is not our preference to be forced to implement these rules, but we currently have far too many people providing conflicting information and confusing the raids.  There are too many people trying to be chiefs, and we cannot be successful that way.

(For those who wonder why this is an issue, please consider the specific scenario of Lyshan raid-leading and Makalla speaking during vent.  Lyshan's outbound volume is LOW for many people; Makalla's outbound volume is HIGH for many people.  When Lyshan is speaking, if Makalla begins talking, he talks over Lyshan and the raid cannot hear what the raid leader is saying.  Obviously, this is not acceptable and cannot continue.)

By following these simple rules, you will make it more enjoyable for others.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 01:24:40 PM by Poohmoo » Logged

"Direct democracy is made of fail."  -- Vistol

Print  Pages 1
Circle of Blame  |  Forum  |  Circle of Blame  |  Raid Discussion  |  Topic: Vent During Raids « previous next »
Jump to:  

TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc | Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC

snitch